Monday, March 2, 2009

A Quilt for the Little Eggplant


The average baby at this stage weighs about 1.6 pounds and is 14 inches long. One site compared the baby to an eggplant. Cute, huh? This past weekend Brian and I braved the snow to make a trip to Kansas City. Brian had a comic book thing to go to and we visited Mom. She helped me piece together a quilt I had made. I had done all the previous sewing by hand- and this being my first quilt it wasn't exactly precise. She helped me adjust things so that the squares were actually squares. We also picked up an old stethoscope so now we can faintly hear the baby's heart beat and movements. It's difficult to hear, but very addicting. I'm feeling much better than I had in the past. Headaches and backaches aren't nearly as constant. I am having leg cramps and at one point my leg contorted so badly that it looked like it was broken. Scary and definitely not fun!
It's funny Brian and I are both counting down the days until we get to meet the baby, but whenever we talk about that we both get stressed because as the baby gets closer so do our work and school deadlines.

2 comments:

  1. you are looking very cute.
    love the quilt!! I tried to crochet a blanket but didn’t make it far and so I gave up.

    just wait till your at like week 38 and the websites start referring to baby as a watermelon...such a lovely thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks good. You did a nice job. You look great. Am so glad you are feeling better. Welcome to the joys of "motherhood". We go through alot for our babies, and then they grow up. Which is how it should be.

    Looking forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete