Thursday, February 12, 2009

6 Months!

24 weeks down, 16 more to go! The typical baby at this point is about a foot long and weighs around 1.3 pounds. I had a doctor's appointment last Friday and everything seemed to be going just fine. Next month I have my last monthly appointment and then will switch to every two weeks. Baby is getting closer and closer everyday. Even though my stomach doesn't look all that big, I'm definitely feeling the pressure on my lungs and bladder. I forget to slow down my movements and so I'll bend over quickly to put on socks and the baby shifts to knock the air out of my lungs. Things are very busy with work and school for both Brian and I. I passed my comprehensive exam earlier this week, but am hitting some roadblocks with recruiting participants for my thesis. Hopefully, I will still graduate on time because we have plans in June! I also started my practicum this week, so on my earliest night I get home at 6:45. Yuck!

I found a website that converts rock songs into lullabies... Brian is really excited to have some baby appropriate rock music.

3 comments:

  1. I vote Batman for the name. Batman Grubbs....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute new background. hope your doing ok. enjoy the 2nd trimester...the 3rd is crummy again but the end is near!

    ReplyDelete
  3. soon we will be toasting our new babies with some much needed wine or margaritas...spring could not come soon enough!!!!!

    wait till you see the baby boy clothes...you are going to get so excited!!! looking at them and thinking about the baby wearing them is so fun!

    ReplyDelete