Friday, May 8, 2009

April Showers


I'm a little behind the times with updating the blog. This picture is from our ultrasound on the 30th. The tech printed off a 3d picture, but it's still a bit hard to see. Through most of the ultrasound he had a hand and foot in front of his face. In this picture his hand is in front of his face- the hand looks funny, but that's just an artifact from the 3d process. Things are looking good. At that point he was one ounce shy of 5lbs and at the 18th percentile. His belly moved up a couple percentiles in the ranks... so things are going well. If he continues gaining at this rate he should be around 7.5 if he makes it to the full 40 weeks. I'm gaining weight and for the most part feeling really well. I have a very hectic week ahead of me as I finish up my semester and have a lot of assessments scheduled... after that things will slow down until Baby makes his appearance. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions which are getting more and more frequent and obvious. Pretty exciting!


We had some great showers and visits with family and friends. We received pretty much everything we will need and some really cute, fun stuff. I had a suprise shower at the Learning Diagnostic Clinic; a dinner with my fellow clinical students; a joint shower with my cousin Brice's wife, Katie, on the Markway side; and a joint party with Andrea's new son, Jayson. While the gifts have been great, Brian and I were most impressed by how much support everyone has given us. This is one lucky baby. For some reason I just have photos of the Markway shower:

1 comment: