Saturday, October 24, 2009

Parents as Teachers


Maddox and I met with Parents as Teachers earlier this month. Ms. Carla came out to our place and played with him, observed, and did a little hearing test. He started screaming as soon as he saw her and then warmed up to her quickly. He has been crying at the beginning of visits lately. I thought it seemed like stranger anxiety, which is a normal developmental phase that usually happens closer to 8 or 9 months when the baby is able to move more independently. She said that's what it is- just really early. A lot of things he is doing- tracking objects and sounds, grabbing things with both hands, etc. are milestones expected of slightly older babies. This doesn't mean he's a genius (although, Brian and I think he's brilliant) or even that he's smarter than other babies that don't do things at this same pace. It is fun to see him learn about the world!

I'm watching our friends' six month old girl on Fridays. The two babies are a lot of work, but it's fun for them to interact. Kaitlyn is a sweet little chubby baby, but she can definitely scream!

1 comment:

  1. blogging at 6am? kudos to you....cant wait to see him at Christmas 7months old!!

    ReplyDelete